LEED v4 documentation is a hassle, but Green Badger has always been at the forefront of offering practical and easy-to-understand advice for managing LEED documentation to project teams.
By Lauren Richardson, Sustainability Associate at Green Badger
Whether that guidance is coming from blog posts, YouTube videos, or our project team training, we aim to provide practical and actionable strategies for achieving LEED construction credits. And now Tommy Linstroth, Founder and CEO of Green Badger has outdone himself with our newest offering – Green Badger Academy LEED v4 training!
Through Green Badger Academy, we’re offering a self-paced online course called The Ultimate Guide to LEED v4 training, including guidance on LEED v4.1 that will take you from LEED Novice to LEED Ninja in just 2.5 hours.
Our LEED v4 training offers the most practical project management guidance that will help you comply with LEED v4 certification requirements. Whether you’re a builder, general contractor, subcontractor, consultant, an unsung-hero working on a LEED project team, or a busy manager overseeing LEED projects – this course is for you. It offers the most practical, current, and entertaining education available on understanding, managing, and documenting LEED projects.
The curriculum starts with the history of LEED, how to manage LEED, and includes the why and how to opt-in to LEED v4.1 (for specific credits and where it makes sense). During the course, you’ll learn which credits are achievable, and which ones simply don’t have enough documentation available in the marketplace to make them worth your team’s effort.
What Green Badger’s LEED v4 Training Offer Project Teams
Tommy’s clear Midwestern accent and playful humor will effortlessly take you through all the LEED construction credits in a standardized format within our LEED v4 training course: LEED requirements, actionable strategies, and best practices. Tommy has over 150 LEED projects under his belt. An experienced pragmatist at heart, he has turned all the tips and tricks he’s learned along the way into sensible advice that will prevent the rest of us from succumbing to tears, swears, and frustration.
Tommy simplifies the chemistry mumbo-jumbo and extracts out of it exactly what you need to know. For example, in the section under Multi-Attribute Optimization, instead of having to learn about esoteric things like moles, kg ethene, or megajoules, you walk away with exactly which manufacturers, and which products meet the requirements to earn that point. Who knew it could be this easy?
Green Badger Academy will optimize your LEED v4 training by shedding light on the fact that the same six product categories you should focus on for your Environmental Product Declarations are the same as the ones to focus on for Materials Ingredient Reporting. “Hey, what are these categories?” you may ask. Find out by signing up for this course!
More examples (to mention just a few) of the type of practical advice offered in this LEED v4 training course:
- For Construction Waste Management, if you are not registered under LEED v4.1, you should track both total diversion and waste/sf and see where you shake out.
- For responsible sourcing and extraction criteria, you learn which two measures actually offer the required documentation.
- You quickly learn how to read documents like EPS, HPDs, Declare labels, and Cradle to Cradle Certificates. You learn that the juicy stuff is in the first couple of pages, and the rest you can happily forget.
- You learn about the 8 product categories for Low Emitting Materials, and that you can pick and choose which ones to go after. Tommy even breaks down the particular emissions evaluations for furniture and composite wood.
This is the stuff we need to know!
Finally, the course wraps up with LEED in the Real World (managing LEED from site work to commissioning).
After taking this course, you will be armed and dangerous as you tackle your next LEED project. Sure, you could study for the LEED AP, and we encourage you to do that, but this course will offer the most practical advice you need to get the job done. It will be the best investment you can make in your job and your sanity. And you’ll even enjoy some chuckles along the way.
Green Badger Academy LEED v4 Training Course Curriculum:
- History of LEED and USGBC
- Why you should opt-in to LEED v4.1
- How to opt-in to LEED v4.1
- How to Manage LEED
- SSp1: Construction Activity Pollution Prevention
- MRc5: Construction Waste Management
- MRc2: Option 1 Environmental Product Declarations
- MRc2: Option 2 Multi-Attribute Optimization
- MRc3: Sourcing of Raw Materials
- MRc4: Option 1 Material Ingredient Reporting
- MRc4: Option 2 Material Ingredient Optimization
- IEQc2: Low Emitting Materials
- IEQc3: Construction Indoor Air Quality Management Plan
- IEQc4: Indoor Air Quality Assessment
- Summary: LEED in the Real World
Don’t forget, once you have a project license with Green Badger, you can access the unparalleled tools of this cloud-based software, such as a database of over 30,000 products ready to populate your project with EPDs, HPDs, Declare labels, and Emissions Certificates. All your projects are located in a central repository with easy-to-understand color coding so the whole team knows where the project stands. Green Bader’s mobile app makes Indoor Air Quality and Erosion Control Reports fast and easy, with formatted reports, pull-downs to guide you, as well as time and date stamped photos. There are no cumbersome calculators to deal with, and best of all, your LEED data is tidied up in zip files that are ready for the architect to submit to GBCI.
Schedule a meeting with Green Badger today to get access to Green Badger Academy and schedule a demo of our LEED Documentation Software.