Requirements for IEQc3 Construction IAQ Management Plan
Develop and implement an indoor air quality (IAQ) management plan for the construction and preoccupancy phases of the building. The plan must address all of the following.
- During construction, meet or exceed all applicable recommended control measures of the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning National Contractors Association (SMACNA) IAQ Guidelines for Occupied Buildings under Construction, 2nd edition, 2007, ANSI/SMACNA 008–2008, Chapter 3.
- Protect absorptive materials stored on-site and installed from moisture damage.
- Do not operate permanently installed air-handling equipment during construction unless filtration media with a minimum efficiency reporting value (MERV) of 8 are installed at each return air grille and return.
- Immediately before occupancy, replace all filtration media with the final design filtration media, installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Prohibit the use of smoking inside the building and within 25 feet (7.5 meters) of the building openings during construction. Smoking includes tobacco smoke, as well as smoke produced from the combustion of cannabis and controlled substances and the emissions produced by electronic smoking devices.
Pretty straightforward stuff (for once). If you’ve been on a LEED project, you’re likely familiar with all of these. The only that has changed from the older versions to v4/4.1 is to prohibit smoking from within 25’ of the building during construction.