Customer Acquisition & Education Manager
Green Badger is looking to hire an energetic, passionate, and innovative Customer Acquisition and Education Manager to expand and support our growing customer base for our cutting edge green construction automation software and educate the market about ESG impacts to the construction industry.
This position will engage with qualified, inbound leads and prospective customers to showcase Green Badger’s proprietary software solution to support customer’s goals of green building certification and sustainable construction. Additionally, this position will provide research, educational content, and thought leadership on issues related to green building design and sustainable construction.
Come join Green Badger and help us on our quest to make sustainability achievable, affordable and attainable for the building and construction industry! Send resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Customer Acquisition and Education Manager will work very closely with the leadership team and will be responsible for taking prospective customers through the complete buying journey – from needs assessment to product demonstrations to proposal to closing the deal (at which point it transitions to Customer Success), as well as maintaining ongoing relationships with customers. This position will be integral to closing sales, supporting existing clients, formulating sales strategies, and communicating product value to clients.
Additionally, this position will help drive the marketplace for ESG in construction by helping educate the industry on ESG, how it impacts construction, and how/why general contractors (and owners) can implement ESG measures at the project level.
Ongoing research into green construction trends, ESG and sustainability will translate into dissemination to diverse audiences through blogs, ebooks, webinars, and live speaking opportunities.
The ideal candidate would be positive, energetic, and possess a consistent track record of successful inside sales as well as managing a growing sales team in a fast-paced environment. The candidate should be comfortable engaging with a diverse audience and be an excellent communicator via phone, email and virtual meetings (Zoom, Teams, etc). A passion for sustainability and the desire to help transform an entire industry is key.
In this role, you will:
- Engage with inbound leads to:
- Identify customer headaches
- Demonstrate Green Badger’s LEED and ESG software solution to project teams across the country
- Develop proposals for customer projects
- Close deals and expand paid customer base
- Communicate, followup and maintain positive relationships with leads
- Actively manage accounts pipeline and provide projections to management
- Report and record all activities in CRM (Hubspot)
- Qualify inbound leads and prospects via phone and email, identifying key decision-makers, business pain points, the size of the opportunity, budget, and purchase timeframes
- Conduct product and technology research related to sustainability, green building standards, ESG, and local and federal regulations applicable to projects
- Present ESG and sustainable construction education through webinars, speaking opportunities, blogs, ebooks and other outside learning opportunities
- Deliver top-quality phone and email customer support
- Help revolutionize one of the world’s largest and most important industries.
- Have the autonomy to operate beyond your role and help the team continuously improve and optimize our process, training, use of technology, and any other aspects of our business.
What we’re looking for:
- Accredited Degree from a 4-year college or university in a related area of study preferred.
- Working knowledge of LEED, sustainable construction, and ESG
- Excellent problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, self-guided with the ability to deliver timely results
- Excellent communications skills - both verbal and written. Strong ability to present to customers and potential customers.
- Must be able to quickly articulate business benefits and functionality of software solutions and to handle objections and ask probing questions that surface business needs and sales opportunities
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage
- Passion for sustainability and sustainable buildings;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G-Suite products and online collaboration tools
- LEED accreditation (LEED AP or LEED Green Associate can be pursued upon employment as needed
What we offer:
What is in it for you? You'll work for a trailblazing company redefining green construction management; you’ll work with products that you believe in; you’ll help introduce change to the way your customers work; you’ll have the opportunity for equity options; and you’ll be surrounded by a team of leaders and teammates who will inspire you on a daily basis. We are working to redefine an industry. We value creativity, hard work, and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
What we offer:
- Flexible working location, remote work
- Comprehensive on-boarding and training process so you feel prepared!
- Salary based on experience
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- 401k with company match
- Flexible vacation policy - minimum 15 days PTO
About Green Badger
Green Badger provides innovative software solutions to streamline and automate green construction compliance for general contractors, owners, architects and consultants. We’re revolutionizing the green building industry by allowing teams to actually make buildings greener without the cost, headache and hassle of paperwork. We’re located in beautiful downtown Savannah, GA, a historic city with an excellent, affordable quality of life.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com