LEED Technical Specialist
Green Badger is looking to hire an energetic, ambitious, and innovative LEED Technical Specialist to provide LEED support to Green Badger clients while showcasing the company’s proprietary software solution to prospective customers. Additionally, this position will provide research and technical support on issues related to green building design and construction with a strong focus on all aspects of LEED consulting, including LEED documentation coordination and compliance review.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The LEED Technical Specialist will work very closely with the leadership team and will be responsible for guiding project teams through LEED certification, as well as demonstrating Green Badger’s software functionality to project teams around the globe. The ideal candidate would be positive, energetic, and possess a consistent track record of successful project management problem-solving in a fast-paced environment. The candidate should be able to work on, and eventually manage, a wide range of national projects at various scales. In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate Green Badger’s LEED and ESG software solution to project teams across the country
- Manage multiple projects pursuing LEED, Green Globes or WELL Certification
- Participate in sustainability charrettes and/ or LEED meetings, and interact with clients as a primary contact for the LEED scope of work during construction
- Oversee entire LEED certification documentation process during construction and review project documentation/submittals to determine compliance with LEED requirements
- Assist construction teams with sustainable design strategies and technologies for buildings and sites
- Conduct product and technology research related to sustainability, green building standards, and local and federal regulations applicable to projects
- Perform administrative duties for specific LEED rating systems and programs, as necessary
- Schedule, coordinate and manage recurring calls and/or meetings with project teams, or GBCI Certification Staff; record and distribute meeting minutes in a timely manner
- Deliver top-quality phone and email customer support
- Effectively communicate environmental certification program requirements and progress to project teams
- Help revolutionize one of the world’s largest and most important industries.
- Have the autonomy to operate beyond your role and help the team continuously improve and optimize our process, training, use of technology, and any other aspects of our business.
What we’re looking for:
- Accredited Degree from a 4-year college or university in a related area of study preferred.
- Experience with current LEED rating systems (v2009, v4, 4.1 for BD+C and IDC), with specific knowledge of construction-related LEED credits. WELL, Green Globes, SITES and other rating system knowledge beneficial but not required.
- LEED Project Experience concurrently managing multiple projects at various stages
- Requires familiarity with the design and construction processes for commercial building.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, self-guided with the ability to deliver timely results
- Excellent communications skills - both oral and written. Strong ability to present to customers and potential customers.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage tasks on multiple projects at once, often with differing schedules
- Passion for sustainability and sustainable buildings;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G-Suite products and online collaboration tools
- LEED accreditation (LEED AP or LEED Green Associate can be pursued upon employment as needed
What we offer:
What is in it for you? You'll work for a trailblazing company redefining green construction management; you’ll work with products that you believe in; you’ll help introduce change to the way your customers work; you’ll have the opportunity for equity options; and you’ll be surrounded by a team of leaders and teammates who will inspire you on a daily basis. We are working to redefine an industry. We value creativity, hard work, and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
What we offer:
- Flexible working location, remote work
- Comprehensive on-boarding and training process so you feel prepared!
- $55-65k salary based on experience
- Health stipend
- 401k with company match
- Flexible vacation policy - minimum 15 days PTO
About Green Badger
Green Badger provides innovative software solutions to streamline and automate green construction compliance for general contractors, owners, architects and consultants. We’re revolutionizing the green building industry by allowing teams to actually make buildings greener without the cost, headache and hassle of paperwork. We’re located in beautiful downtown Savannah, GA, a historic city with an excellent, affordable quality of life.
To apply, email a resume and coverletter to Careers@getgreenbadger.com